TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the ‘RoomNumberRedo’ competition (“Competition”) you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- STANDARD TERMSphoto
- Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained within the promotional advertisements and point of sale materials form part of these terms and conditions. By participating in this Competition entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- WHO CAN ENTER?
- Subject to Clause 2.2, entry into the competition is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years or older.
- Employees of the Promoter, Event Hospitality and Entertainment Ltd and their related bodies corporate (“EVENT Group”) their advertising agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. For the purpose of this clause ‘immediate family’ means: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- COMPETITION PERIOD
- The Competition runs from 12.05am (WST) Monday 8 August 2016 until 5.00 pm (WST) Sunday 18 September 2016. Entrants are able to submit their Content for the Competition during this period.
- Each week, the best 20 entries will be selected by the Judging Panel and announced on the Monday. For example, the 20 winners for week 1 will be announced on Monday 22 August 2016.
- Over the course of the Competition period, one winner will be selected in respect of each number. There will be 100 winners in total.
- Once the Judging Panel announces a winning Content entry for a number (between 1 – 101), then that number will be treated as being taken and won, and no further winners will be announced in respect of that number for the remainder of the Competition period.
- HOW TO ENTER
- To enter you must: submit a photo, video or digital work (“Content”) that creatively interprets a room number from 1 – 101 via Instagram using the hashtag #roomnumberredo.
- To be eligible to win, your Content submission needs to demonstrate at least one of the following:
a) Be taken from an individual’s point-of-a-view or as a selfie;
b) Creatively interpret a number and depict their interpretation via photograph, video or digital work;
d) Demonstrate their creativity in an original photograph, video or digital work.
- You MUST own the copyright in any Content you upload (or otherwise be entitled to use the Content in this way) as part of the Competition.
- You MUST have the permission of any individual depicted (and be their parent/guardian in the case of any child).
- By entering this Competition you grant the EVENT Group an irrevocable perpetual worldwide license to use, display and reproduce the Content submitted in any media for any purpose, and digitally edit or alter the Content for any purpose, without further reference to you or any fee for such use.
- The entrant’s Instagram User profile must be set to public, or the entry will be deemed invalid and will not be accepted.
- Entrants are free to submit as many Content submissions as they like in respect of any number. However, if an entrant is selected to be the winner in respect of a number, then they will no longer be eligible to be a winner in respect of any other numbers. Each entrant can only win a potential maximum of 1 prize in total in this Competition.
- THE PRIZES
- As set out in paragraph 3.2 above, on each Monday during the Competition period the best 20 Content submissions will be selected by the judging panel appointed by the Promoter (“Judging Panel”).
- To be eligible to receive a prize you must:
a) Be a resident of Australia and be over 18 years of age;.
b) Be available to travel to Melbourne, Victoria for the launch event at the Promoter’s QT Melbourne Hotel at the entrant’s own cost.
- For the purpose of submitting Content any cost associated with accessing Instagram or the Competition website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Instagram will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the Competition (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Full details of prizes can be obtained by contacting the Promoter using the contact details specified in paragraph 10.
- PRIZE DETAILS
There are in total 100 prizes to be won. The winner judged by the Judging Panel as having the best Content submission having regard to the criteria specified in paragraph 4.2 for each number (from 1-101) will win the following prize:a) one ticket to attend the QT Melbourne launch party in September 2016, on a date to be announced; and
b) at the winner’s choice either one night’s accommodation for 1 person in a room at QT Melbourne on the launch evening in September 2016 or one night’s accommodation for 2 persons in a shared room at QT Melbourne to be used at another date (within 12 months of the QT Melbourne launch party) and subject to availability. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the prize winners must comply with all the conditions of use specified by the Promoter and/or the management at QT Melbourne.
- No amendments or cancellations will be allowed and any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited.
- The prize cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
- No compensation will be given for any unused portion of the prize.
- The prize winner is responsible for providing their own transport to and from QT Melbourne including any flights and car transfers.
- No compensation or alternative travel plans will be arranged should the prize winner and/or their companion fail to meet any check in requirements for any reason. These costs will be the responsibility and expense of the winner and their companion.
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all other expenses become the responsibility of the prize winners and their companions including but not limited to all meals, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, tips, room service, telephone calls, transfer fees, excess baggage, government taxes, airport charges and all other ancillary and personal costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the prize winner at check-in to the QT Melbourne hotel, for all incidental charges.
- For any interstate winners, travel insurance is not included and strongly recommended.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- If a prize winner is unable to travel within the specified dates, the prize will be forfeited; dates cannot be extended or varied. The winner and their companion must check-in together at the QT Melbourne hotel.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of equal value and/or specification.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or suspend or modify the prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- In accepting any of the prizes, the winners agree to participate in and co-operate with all of the Promoter’s reasonable media and editorial requests, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, with their name, suburb and photograph published. The winners grant the Promoter and the EVENT Group a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such photographs and information in all media worldwide and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In accepting any portion of the prize, the winners agree they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisations.
- The winner of any prize must be 18 years of age or older and must provide valid identification to the Promoter. All guests under 18 years of age must travel with their parent or legal guardian.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for all Content they submit via the Competition including but not limited to comments, video and photographs. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(d) they are the parent or legal guardian of any child and/or children appearing in any Content and give consent to the use of the Content for the purposes described in these terms and conditions;
(e) they are the owner of copyright in the Content, or they have obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(f) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(g) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
- Entrants acknowledge that the public will have the capacity to comment on the Content, and will not hold the Promoter liable for the publication of any comments, whether derogatory, offensive, racist, defamatory or otherwise, posted in relation to the Content.
- HOW TO WIN
Photograph submission prizes:
- The 100 prize winners will be selected by the Judging Panel over the course of the Competition period.
- All prize winners will be contacted privately by the Promoter via Instagram to notify them they have won a prize.
- All prize winners will have their winning Content entries and names displayed on the Promoter’s website www.roomnumberredo.com, and on the Promoter’s social media platforms and applications.
- The Judging Panel will select the winning entry in respect of each of the 100 numbers based on the skill and originality of the entry.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winners. If any of the Prizes remain unclaimed by a winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by Monday 19 September 2016, at 5pm WST, the Prize will be re-allocated. The winner of the Unclaimed Prize Determination will be notified by a message their Instagram account that was used to lodge the entry.
- The Judging Panel’s decision on the prize winners is final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to limit entry or amend rules if considered necessary without notice.
- NO LIABILITY
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- The EVENT Group will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential or indirect loss) or claim that may occur:
(a) during the judging;
(b) in the acceptance, participation or use of any element(s) of the prize;
(c) as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail;
(d) due to the broadcast of any program relating to the Competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person.
- The EVENT Group assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who the Promoter believes has breached any of these terms and conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct. The Promoter has legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
- The Promoter may, subject to State Regulations, terminate this Competition at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant or other person.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for:
(a) Malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website;
(b) Failure of any entry to be received by the Promoter as a result of those matters; nor
(c) Any injury or damage to entrants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the Competition or downloading any materials relating to the Competition.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition , or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of claims.
- The Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
I. any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; or
II. any technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times; or
III. any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; or
IV. any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; or
V. any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for:
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Promoter collects personal information about Entrants to include Entrants in the Competition and where appropriate award any prize. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant may not participate in the Competition. By participating in the Competition, each Entrant also acknowledges that a further primary purpose for collection of Entrants’ personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact Entrants in the future with information on special offers or provide Entrants with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may share information with their Australian related companies who may contact Entrants with relevant special offers in this way. Personal information may also be accessed by the Promoter’s marketing and website service providers for the purpose of processing and conducting the Competition and assisting with marketing communications. By entering the Competition, each Entrant agrees that the Promoter may use Entrants’ personal information in this manner. Entrants can also request to gain access to, update or correct any personal information by contacting the Promoter at the addresses or phone number below. Entrants wishing to opt out of the Promoter’s marketing communications can also use the address or phone number below. All personal information will be stored at the office of the Promoter.
- PROMOTER’S DETAILS
- The Promoter is QT Hotels and Resorts Pty Limited (ABN 23 140 595 624) of 478 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Telephone 02 9373 6600.
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter.