The Ducks Ass
The duck’s ass is a haircut style that was popular during the 1950s. It is also called the duck’s tail or simply D.A.The D.A. quickly became a stereotypical feature of rebels and nonconformists, and gained popularity especially after the rise of rock ‘n roll legend Elvis Presley, who sported the same look.
Recreate the D.A –
- Apply a shiny styling grease to the hair and comb through with a small-toothed comb.
- Comb the hair on the sides up and back, applying more styling grease if needed to hold its shape.
- Lift the hair at the top of the head to create volume and a use your fingers to form a large curl at the front. Use the comb to blend the hair in with sides, going towards the back of the head.
- Make sure the hair combed back at the sides goes all the way to the middle of the back of the head.
- Use the tail end of a hair pic to create a centre, vertical part starting at the crown and moving in a straight line down the back of the head. Flip the hair up at the ends. Spray the hair with hairspray to set the style.